Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - 3dsPlus Import / Export plugin

3dsPlus Import / Export plugin

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

3dsPlus Import / Export plugin

Postby Ronnie » Monday 21. August 2006, 13:51

3dsPlus plugin for Realsoft 3D SP2+
Version 0.1

Download: Look at the attached files.

I made a plugin for better import / export of .3ds files. It's beta now so please report any bugs you may find. Your comments are welcomed.
The package contains the plugin and a reference manual.

Version : Beta 1.01
Download:
Windows Version: 3dsPlus_Win32.zip[obsolete]
Linux Version: 3dsPlus_Linux.zip[obsolete]

Bye,
Ronnie
Attachments
3dsPlus_Win32.zip
(94.91 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
3dsPlus_Linux.tar.gz
(84.36 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Last edited by Ronnie on Sunday 7. January 2007, 14:52, edited 9 times in total.
Ronnie

RE: 3dsPlus Import / Export plugin

Postby zaug » Monday 21. August 2006, 13:54

Thank you for your work on this.
Do you intend to compile a LInux version?
zaug

Postby Ronnie » Monday 21. August 2006, 18:30

Hello zaug, I tried compiling a Linux version, and fortunately it worked "out of the box". But there are some problems with it and I don't know much about Linux. Anyone here compiled plugins for Realsoft 3D on Linux and is willing to help?
Ronnie

Postby fre_ber » Monday 21. August 2006, 18:57

I will do what I can to help, please post more details of the problem. I am not sure if I am able to compile for Linux, but if you post about the problem, it might ring a bell or two. Maybe start a separate "Compile on Linux"-thread if you don't want to pollute the 3dsplus thread.

It is always nice to see another SDK user around. :)
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Postby Boris » Monday 21. August 2006, 19:42

many thanks Ronnie!
what is the advantage of your 3ds-importer?
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby Ronnie » Monday 21. August 2006, 20:16

Hello Boris & fre_ber.

@Boris: My plugin has more features then the default import / export of Realsoft.
Import:
- Import as SDS or triset
- Optionally merge verticies
- Support for importing materials with UVs
- Support for importing lights, hierarchy, basic animation
Export:
- Choose export detail of different objects
- Support for exporting materials
- Support for exporting lights, hierarchy, basic animation

Also the default 3ds export in Realsoft has some compatibility problems with the 3ds Max importer.

@ fre_ber I will send you a PM describing the problems. They are more Linux problems than SDK problems.
Ronnie

Postby Guest » Thursday 24. August 2006, 06:04

This plugin is very welcome! Many users have asked material and animation import via 3ds, and now it is finally possible. I'm sure the new export capabilities will be used as well.

Many thanks for the valuable contribution, Ronnie!

Kind regards,
Vesa

Postby Ronnie » Thursday 24. August 2006, 21:01

Hello Vesa. I'm glad I could contribute to the community.
There is now a Linux version. Take a look at the first post.
Ronnie

Postby Guest » Tuesday 29. August 2006, 10:49

hello there,
i´m not sure how many users allready tried 3ds+ but i found some little problems .. the plugin is highly welcome and allready very very usefull..
- the import / export advanced dialogue has layout problems, so some options are not displayed and not chooseable..
- material import of stocklibrary 3ds files does only work partially.. or materials are there but not attached to the object..

best regards and many thanks
Gunnar

Postby Ronnie » Sunday 17. September 2006, 00:23

Hi Gunnar.

Sorry for the very late response.
I'm glad that you find the plugin useful.
I'll try to fix the layout bug, it's not clear what is causing it. About the material bug: I don't know what you mean by "stocklibrary 3ds files", could you send me a small file demonstrating the problem or point me to where I can find it?.

Edit - The layout problem was caused by a bug in Realsoft3D SP3. The bug was corrected by Realsoft and the problem will not be present in later SP3 releases.

Thanks for reporting the problems.

Bye,
Ronnie.
Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Sunday 8. October 2006, 20:35

Hello all.

I have released a new beta version of the 3dsPlus plugin. The new version fixes some bugs present in the previous release. Download links are available on the first post of this thread.

Bye,
Ronnie.
Ronnie

Postby Ronnie » Sunday 15. October 2006, 18:07

Hello everyone.

The 3dsPlus plugin has been updated to a "release" version. Version 0.1 corrects some minor bugs in the last beta version. The first post has been updated to show the new release.

Bye,
Ronnie.
Ronnie

Postby zaug » Wednesday 13. February 2008, 19:42

Do you plan to compile 64 bit versions for Realsoft 3D version 6?
zaug

Postby Ronnie » Wednesday 13. February 2008, 21:33

Hi zaug.

Currently I don't have any plans to update to V6 or to Win64 :).
Ronnie

Return to General