Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - L-System Iterator

L-System Iterator

Discuss general plugins and scripts

Moderator: fre_ber

L-System Iterator

Postby fre_ber » Sunday 22. April 2007, 18:45

Hi, I made an L-System iterator for RS. This version may yet be quite unstable, but I felt that it was ready for a first "release". The "Actions" tab will require a lot of work, but the basic L-System functionality should be in there.

No, I probably won't write a tutorial on how to use it, I might not even write a user manual. You're on your own. Good Luck. :)

Installation: Just extract the zip archive to your "scripting" folder.

Notes:
  1. For the loading and saving of presets, the current directory "." is used, this is not an adequate way of locating the "scripting" folder. You may need to edit this, possibly to an absolute path to your presets file.
  2. In RS versions earlier than v5, the r3FloatGadget didn't provide any events. For this I made my own, simpler version of the float gadget. To tell the script to use this class, change the line
    Code: Select all
    var OLDVERSION = FALSE;
    near the top to
    Code: Select all
    var OLDVERSION = TRUE;
Attachments
LSystem.zip
Script and sample system presets
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
3DHilbert.png
Example - 3D Hilbert curve
3DHilbert.png (900.09 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Re: L-System Iterator

Postby zaug » Thursday 28. August 2008, 00:33

Right, surreally long to reply, apologies
l-sys-hilbert1.1.png
l-sys-hilbert1.1.png (277.98 KiB) Viewed 1131 times

Anyway, this script is a blast, and (unfortunately) far beyond my math skills to understand or bastardize
; )

Thankz for sharing

BTW, I think the render is of the "beta" version that I decided I liked, better
; D
zaug

Re: L-System Iterator

Postby fre_ber » Tuesday 10. February 2009, 16:09

LOL, brave Sir Zaug ventures into the realm of recursive turtle graphics. I know, one has to pull ones brains out through ones nose, twist it as hard as one can manage, throw it into a tumble drier for a bit and then, carefully, feed it back in through the other nostril before easily predicting what these rules will actually accomplish at high iteration levels...
"He who re-invents the wheel, understands much better how a wheel works."
fre_ber

Return to General