Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Blockbuster´s - testrenderings

Blockbuster´s - testrenderings

Blockbuster´s - testrenderings

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 9. December 2007, 01:04

Da ich nicht den ganzen Thread mit meinen Testrenderings zu müllen will, mache ich einen Thread, wo ich meine Tests -szenen, -renderings vorstelle.
Für kreative Vorschäge bin ich jeder Zeit dankbar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post my test -renderings and -szenen in this topic.
I will not overfill (cruft)the thread.
And thanks in advance for your review and seggestion......

best regards
Stefan Klein
Attachments
Kerzenleuchter.jpg
modelling 2 hours
rendering 3:45 hours
Kerzenleuchter.jpg (51.8 KiB) Viewed 6773 times
Last edited by Blockbuster on Thursday 13. December 2007, 21:01, edited 3 times in total.
Blockbuster

Re: Blockbuster´s - testrenderings

Postby guest » Thursday 13. December 2007, 07:30

Blockbuster wrote:Da ich nicht den ganzen Thread mit meinen Testrenderings zu müllen will, mache ich einen Thread, wo ich meine Tests -szenen, -renderings vorstelle.
Für kreative Vorschäge bin ich jeder Zeit dankbar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post my test -renderings and -szenen in this topic.
I will not cruft the thread.
And thanks in advance for your review and seggestion......

best regards
Stefan Klein

"cruft the thread" ?

garry

Postby Quan » Thursday 13. December 2007, 16:28

Hi Garry,

what Stefan wants to say is, that he doesn't want to put his test renderings in other threads in order not to overfill them - so he started this thread to show his test renderings and to receive ideas and critique ;)
(I hope you can understand this... I'm not very good in English... *gg* anyways, German is a so much nicer language :P)

Hi Stefan,
very nice image, I like the shaders. How many lights did you use?
what rendersettings did you use? maybe the "raycount 2" or the "recursion depth" should be a little bit higher, but as a test rendering it is all right...
what about caustics? :)

Liebe Grüße,
Jan
Quan

Postby guest » Thursday 13. December 2007, 20:53

Thanks Quan :

I think it is an excellent image , just as is . Depending on what your goal is , of course . It really has a nice mood to it . Add a camera pan & dolly and some nice moody music and you have an excellent 3D animation . If you're actually going for a photo-realistic look , then maybe some more refinements are required , such as caustics , shinier-sharper glass , maybe some spec highlights in different spots , slightly different shadows . It's a difficult scene to "photo" since there is not a lot of light to play around with , so maybe you would have to create some ways in which to "sell it" . Maybe if the glass had some sharp cuts in it too ?

Postby Blockbuster » Thursday 13. December 2007, 20:57

very very thanks Quan, you are right, what I mean is to overfill the thread (sorry!)
I don´t use GI or raycount, I used one spot light and four point lights over the flame.
The rendersettings:
rekursion = 7, threshold =15 ; The AA is set to 1, threshold = 25 and the postscaling to 0.35
I have deaktivate the shadows of the glass, the quality of the pointlights is set to 13 with a size of 600.

@guest
thanks for your suggestions, and sorry for my bad english :oops:
I will try a new rendering with caustics......

best regards
Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby arjo » Thursday 13. December 2007, 23:43

Hi Stefan,
Beautiful image!
Caustics is a good idea indeed. At the same time you might consider some fall off on your lights. The light on the table is very equally distributed. Or you could add some spotlights (even without shadow) to create some different highlights. Candles mostly flicker, or the flame blows to one side making the light stonger on that side. Anyway, some noise in the light could bring some extra life to your scene.

Another thing: the wires (rendered curves?) could use some bump. The highlights are too smooth.
arjo

Postby Neico » Friday 14. December 2007, 00:15

Hi Stefan,

Very nice. The glass looks like that kind of glass that you can get that has a surface sheen. In your case bronze or golden. Sometimes it can be irridescent. If it was normal clear glass then the transparency of the far away piece would show more of the darkness behind it I think.

For Arlo's note. I can live with the smoothness of the highlights on the wire. The wire is usually powdercoated for that kind of black and can be very smooth. A "hand-beaten" wire surface would be something else.

Lastly, I seem to only use spotlights these days. I start with distance lights and then replace them all with spots for greater control. I also use material and object illumination and self-illumination far more but only because Timo pointed out to me how to control illumination values using that property in a VSL material.

Attached jpg is a set of three glass orchids I modelled for my daughter's wedding invitations. The colour had to match the Bridesmaids dresses. All spotlights but pushing the recursion level to 8 to get all the SDS glass surfaces ... many hours rendering.
Attachments
MUorchidx3P4_GLASS-55bb-BackOnly066rec8qosLR.jpg
MUorchidx3P4_GLASS-55bb-BackOnly066rec8qosLR.jpg (106.14 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
Neico

Postby arjo » Friday 14. December 2007, 07:05

Neico wrote:For Arlo's note. I can live with the smoothness of the highlights on the wire. The wire is usually powdercoated for that kind of black and can be very smooth. A "hand-beaten" wire surface would be something else.

Of course it's not vital, and can be personal taste. But I didn't mean hand beaten wires. I was more thinking about some sort of orange skin like texture. Actually smoother than orange skin. Even powder coated surfaces are not as smooth as glass.
arjo

Postby Timo » Friday 14. December 2007, 10:13

I'd add bump and a slight (blurred?) reflection to the wood surface just to bring some life to it. Maybe some blooming on the candle flames to soften them up.
The lighting is good as it is, but as I love complementary light colors, I'd make the candle lights a bit yellow/orange and add a large special light to one side of the image with a complementary (blueish) color. This'd also give some nice highlights and contrast to the glass.
The orchids are great :) Do a second render with absorbing glass if you want insane render times ;)
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby zaug » Friday 14. December 2007, 12:22

Really high-quality renders Blockbuster and Neico (your daughter is lucky to have an in-house artist, for such important things).
Good suggestions, etc., also; from all.

In short, I am really enjoying this great thread : )
zaug

Postby Neico » Friday 14. December 2007, 21:57

Thanks Stefan for the thread and your image ... I like Timo's idea of adding texture to the wood. You say "pointlights is set to 13 with a size of 600" .... I have never tested these parameters so I had best get on with it.

Hi Timo, I forgot all about that absorbing glass material. The render times only turned into days when I had the two kids' names ... in extruded nurbs glass inside the orchids. I also had 18 spotlights ... and for a while I had it all inside the fog material to give me tone fades with distance. Sucker for punishment ... but I ran out of time so had to step back from the wish list ... :)

Hi Z, Not sure she's lucky at all ... but thanks for the benefit of the doubt ... :)
Neico

Postby Blockbuster » Friday 14. December 2007, 22:41

thanks all for your feedback, I will try to implement your suggestions in a new Render.
@neico
your picture and the idea is fantastic...
ok, now I try a new Testrender with your suggestion
Blockbuster

Postby guest » Tuesday 18. December 2007, 07:37

Neico wrote: I also use material and object illumination and self-illumination far more but only because Timo pointed out to me how to control illumination values using that property in a VSL material.

OK then , I'll bite first .

"self-illumination " ? Timo ? Sounds most interesting , indeed ! Any links to this advanced information ?

Thanks In Advance .

garry

Postby Neico » Tuesday 18. December 2007, 08:12

Hi Garry,

The thread was: http://www.3ddart.org/index.php?name=PN ... pic&t=1024

I needed to control the intensity and colour of a dozen or more spotlights without having to go into each one to tweak the parameters. Timo suggested

Material
|_Light properties
|_Light:Illumination*=Constant(1,0,0)

With this material assigned to each of the spot lights I simply needed to tweak its values to change all the lights. The lights were in separate objects in the scene and were not easy to get to otherwise.

Since then I have also used the illumination option in object properties .... Col/Surface Properties/Attributes ... as well as other options there ... the orchid had a transparency value from that range of options in order to get colour into the petals ... for some reason I didnt want to add colour into the glass material, but I have forgotten why not.

I also find that the plastic material, say a white plastic object, is too dark and use self illumination to push the colour values up ... but I generally add that in the plastic material advanced properties.
Neico

Postby Timo » Tuesday 18. December 2007, 09:28

Neico wrote:... and for a while I had it all inside the fog material to give me tone fades with distance. Sucker for punishment ...
If you used a uniform fog material (as in no noise), it might be faster to use a secondary ray material that fades all secondary rays' color towards the fog color + a post fog for camera rays. I'll add that to my ever lengthening list of things I promised to do ages ago.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Next

Return to Finished Work