Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Merry X-MAS and a happy new year

Merry X-MAS and a happy new year

Merry X-MAS and a happy new year

Postby bobbi » Friday 24. December 2004, 13:04

I wish you all merry x-mas and a happy new year!!!
attached is my newest little creation. Maybe you have also some selfmade 3D CG x-mas cards made with RS3D...post 'em here to wish the community "merry x-mas and a happy new year"

happy rendering :)

bobbi
Attachments
x-mas2004.jpg
x-mas2004.jpg (80.98 KiB) Viewed 5553 times
bobbi

Postby TheRookie » Friday 24. December 2004, 16:55

Hi Bobbi,

Thanks very much a great CG Xmas card. All the best for the christmas and the New year m8!

Cya soon.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Guest » Tuesday 28. December 2004, 13:46

Hi Frank, seems to be, no one is interested in this thread :(
well, thanx alot for your comments and all the best for new year
best wishes, bobbi

Postby Guest » Thursday 30. December 2004, 20:25

Well, I like the scene, layout, balance and so on, but the render is quite bad actually, IMHO. Maybe you have succeeded in going for a particular style, in that case, I don't like the style :)

Karl

Postby Guest » Friday 31. December 2004, 09:17

Hi Karl, how are you? Well, you might be right. I currently don't understand how to improve render quality. Time constraints were also a problem for me. So...if you could give me some hints on improving the quality of the render, I would be really happy :)

thanx in advance and have a happy new year, bobbi

Postby Karl » Sunday 2. January 2005, 03:01

Ouch, crap! I should learn to keep my mouth shut at times :) Anyway, sorry for posting much as guest, I wasn't using my regular computer.

Hmm, how to improve? Well, good one... The lightning seem far too flat for my liking. Maybe you tried for a childish happy feel look to it, but the all black background destroys a little of this feel. The balls seem plastic-like, although I get the feeling they tend to be made out of metal which has a different specular color (same as object, not white). The shading of the balls are also way flat - like, are they balls or discs, to put it extreme. An enviroment map, hdri or regular, could have enhanced the reflections greatly. The lower right star is again also completely flat shaded. The red band looks good though. If you have adjusted you lightsources to make this look good, maybe you should try adjusting the values in the material instead, or something - not sure. Rendering with more than one major keylight is usually a bad idea, but can be done. In this particular case they should be separated more, and more offset from the camera... ?? Testrendering each light in separation is also a very good idea, as you get a clear view on how much a particular light contributes to the scene.

Pointing out excact mistakes is quite hard... but I hope don't put you off, it is ment to be constructive. You should have mentioned the time constraint also, will make forgiveness easier :) I'd love to see an updated version if you have the time.
Karl

Postby Guest » Sunday 2. January 2005, 13:06

well, it should be a x-mas card, just sending to people to wish them a merry x-mas and a happy new year. But after having read your comment, I was thinking about it again and you were right. I should take care more about detail, lighting etc. Especially lighting out the scene correctly in RS3D gives me always big headaches.
But anyways...as soon as I have studied the available tutes and RS3D manual about improving lighting and rendering, my pics will hopefully fullfill your high standards :)
Thanx alot for the hints of seperate light analysing and using hdri or environment maps, although I have no idea right now, how to use such things.
In that scene, I only had one key light, the others have a lower intense, but somehow the scene is lighted out wrong anyways. I think I have to put more efforts in adjusting and correct light setting. Thanx for the ideas.
see ya, have a nice day, bobbi

Postby Milkdrop » Tuesday 4. January 2005, 22:07

Anonymous wrote:well, it should be a x-mas card, just sending to people to wish them a merry x-mas and a happy new year. But after having read your comment, I was thinking about it again and you were right. I should take care more about detail, lighting etc. Especially lighting out the scene correctly in RS3D gives me always big headaches.
But anyways...as soon as I have studied the available tutes and RS3D manual about improving lighting and rendering, my pics will hopefully fullfill your high standards :)
Thanx alot for the hints of seperate light analysing and using hdri or environment maps, although I have no idea right now, how to use such things.
In that scene, I only had one key light, the others have a lower intense, but somehow the scene is lighted out wrong anyways. I think I have to put more efforts in adjusting and correct light setting. Thanx for the ideas.
see ya, have a nice day, bobbi

Good attitude towards your own work mate. It really helps alot if you can take negative critism becuase it shall always improve your final peices. I was once a grunt and still am compared to other members here, i remember looking at this place, amazed at the quality of the work. It took me a while but after a year with working with realsoft i thought i was ready.

I think its alright. I don't have a problem with it, since most graphic designs around christmas time are terrible (this isn't that bad though). The only problem i have is the really over bright colours.

Tell me what version of realsoft your run and i could help you out with the lighting problems.
Milkdrop

Postby Guest » Wednesday 5. January 2005, 08:45

Hi Milkdrop, I know my work isn't that good, although I am using RS3D since v4.2, but I had not enough time to delve into it. Right know, I am using v5.1, but I didn't use any of the v5.1 features yet to create that image :)

see ya and thanx for help, bobbi

Return to Finished Work