Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Greeny

Greeny

Greeny

Postby Nexyz » Monday 23. May 2005, 00:52

Hey Everybody,

Aaargh, greeny has turned to the evil side of the force and climbed out of his WIP hive :)

Btw, this is my first attempt at UV-mapping, and since it seems to work as it should, I'm now really starting to have fun with RS3d.

Lemme know what you think.
Nexyz

Postby geo » Monday 23. May 2005, 12:51

Very nice (or ugly, whichever you wanted). I gather you used said UV mapping to paint a wrinkly bump map? Like the eyes and the chin dimple spesh.
Geo
geo

Postby Spliney » Monday 23. May 2005, 15:09

Hi Daniel,
very nice start! Some suggestions for improvement: the area where the cheeks go the mouth area: the edges there could be a bit softer. Same goes for the area where the forehead goes to the nose (edge is rather sharp). And I wonder how you did the eyes :)

Robert
Spliney

Postby Nexyz » Monday 23. May 2005, 20:45

Hey guys,
thank you for you comments :)

geo: I"m currently using one detailed UV-set for the front of the head, and one less detailed for the back.
Basically all the bump info is stored in there, the pores & wrinkles. Nothing major though, only details.
I don't know what a dimple spesh is, but the eyes and chin indentations are modelled.
The color map I actually did by mapping the standard skin shader with a green color to the face and then evaluating the UV set.
Works nicely. Is that what's called "baking" a texture?

Robert: yeah, I see what you mean.. I guess I was going for an exaggerated comic look, but smoothing these areas out could actually turn him a little more into flesh and blood.. I'll try that, thanks...
By the way, since I'm new to texturing... am I screwing my map up if I do these changes on the model? Subtle changes?

As for the eyes, hahaaaa, I was surprised myself how nicely they came out.
Thanks for the shader man :yourock:

I just finished putting eyelashes on him... wasn't sure they belong, but I think they ended up making him look more alive..
what do you guys think?

Nexyz

Postby Boris » Monday 23. May 2005, 20:55

even though it is a non human figure you should check the proportions. The eyes are always in the middle of the head's height. The more near to human nature the more realistic it will be. I agree with Robert that the edges around the mouth are too strong. This makes the mouth looking like seperate ... like a puppet.
Else the guy looks very nice ;) The Eyebrows remind me of the HULK or the THING :)
Bye
Boris
Boris

Postby onyx » Wednesday 8. June 2005, 09:29

Really nice one! Could you show us a texture with UV mapping?
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby Nexyz » Sunday 19. June 2005, 07:53

Hey Onyx,

sorry for the late response.. I take way too many vacations ;)

UV? Mais oui!
Here goes.

Since this is my first attempt at arranging UVs, I found a couple of mistakes I made. Basically it's a frontal shot of the facefront only, and I simply used the size-tool on the vertices that started to disappear behind others.. problem area is certainly the nose, where I didn't leave enough room to stretch the nostrils anywhere.. Plus, I don't really know how to unwrap the nose without affecting the surrounding area like cheeks, moutn etc., but I guess that's always a tradeoff.

I'm currently working on a torso, since I already got a nice arm laying around... so stay tuned for the whole thing some time soon :)

Nevertheless, I definitely need help when it comes to rigging and animating this thing, and we all know that the handbook boasts ONE example for this kind of thing.. so I would live to have so assistance with this. If anybody is interested, please let me know.
I was going (and still am) to make the modell publicly available anyways.
I just want it to work right.

Thank you for your time,
have a great day.

Daniel
Nexyz

Return to Finished Work