Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - iPod

iPod

iPod

Postby Nexyz » Friday 16. September 2005, 20:11

Hey everybody,
Came home last night and felt like building something clean for a change :)

While I'm here, let me ask you guys this:
When I'm using the channel_capture material to capture the shadow in order to put it on its own photoshop layer... how can I prevent it from being rendered into the main image as well? Sort of keeping object and shadow seperate...
Any ideas?
Thank you for your help.

Daniel
(who's had enough of clean stuff now and reaches for a nice, cold dirty beer :beer: )
Have a nice weekend everybody.
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Re: iPod

Postby Boris » Saturday 17. September 2005, 17:45

Nexyz wrote:...
When I'm using the channel_capture material to capture the shadow in order to put it on its own photoshop layer... how can I prevent it from being rendered into the main image as well? Sort of keeping object and shadow seperate...

cheers :cheers: Daniel

looks good the iPod
I would guess that the bt_diffuse channel gives an unshaded output if you render it as different output object.
Bye
Boris
Boris

RE: Re: iPod

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 18. September 2005, 08:40

Hi Daniel,

A nice start on the iPod although there isn't much more to a pod. There appears to be a problem with the weights at the corners of the iPod screen, I would recommend making all of these edges and points sharp in this area.

I haven't heard of this channel capture material although it sounds like an interesting concept, as RS only reads and does not write psd images (as far as I know) you could copy the channel into the Alpha channel and render as an RGBA TGA image, if the channel contains colour or vector information you would have to do as Boris recommends and copy the channel into the illumination channel and set the colour to 0 then render this out as an RGB image and cut and paste the channels by hand into the psd image.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby Nexyz » Tuesday 20. September 2005, 05:13

Hey Frank,

nicely observed with those corners.. according to realsoft the corresponding edges and points are sharp,
but they still seem to distort the overall object geometry, just as the cable-slot on the bottom does.
The SDS-cage looks clean and consists of quads only, so I don't get where this comes from..
Any ideas?

Also, Realsoft writes my PSDs just fine.. very convenient actually, you can link channels to whatever layers you want them on.

I haven't gotten around to rerender the image, but I'll try to be back with results tomorrow.
Good night everybody, thanks for the input.

Daniel
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Postby Karl » Tuesday 20. September 2005, 19:13

Hi

For egdy problems like that, try to knife out an extra loop or two. Sometimes takes care of bad egdes for me. Can also separate into new object those faces, but remember interpolate geometry. Shadows looks good, but I'm not too sure about all the other bright reflection-like stuff on the 'floor'.
Karl

Postby TheRookie » Wednesday 21. September 2005, 20:33

I think its well worth playing around with creating some arches and different types of wedge shapes to practice the art of weights.for this one you might get away with selecting all the points around the edge of your screen switching to edge edit mode and then setting edges and vertices to sharp but its well worth investigating the subtly of weights in creating surfaces that are curved in one direction and sharp in another.
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Return to Finished Work