Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Alien landscape with non alien spheres in it=)

Alien landscape with non alien spheres in it=)

Alien landscape with non alien spheres in it=)

Postby Beg-inner » Saturday 25. August 2007, 14:17

A simple but nice scene I used to testing scopestuff
Also using Caustics to get some intense coloring.. which turned out pretty well..

I also used some materials from the big RSCD material collection, that Frank "The Rookie" Dodd so nicely put together !!!
Thx Frank.. ! (Long time since you did this one, but it is still so very useful !)
Attachments
Cool_Spheres_In_Bunker_MyScopeHeheCaustics__01a.JPG
Cool_Spheres_In_Bunker_MyScopeHeheCaustics__01a.JPG (216.63 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Take Care
Best Regards
Stefan Gustafsson ( Beg-inner )
A Proud Owner and User of Real3D and Realsoft3D..
Beg-inner

RE: Alien landscape with non alien spheres in it=)

Postby TheRookie » Sunday 26. August 2007, 14:10

nice work stef I love the colour and texture in the image, I think it would be nice to see the spheres replace with an abstract object or perhaps some modeled similarly textured plant life to create an alienesque image.

nice one
Frank "The Rookie" Dodd
TheRookie

Postby zaug » Sunday 26. August 2007, 15:59

Nice work Stefan!
Could you tell a bit about the scope material, etc.?
The stone looks nice, too.
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 31. August 2007, 00:31

Hi Frank, Zaug and all...

Thx for your nice words..

Frank..
I have added a new one in this post, with some of those plants I have done while testing V6 Plant Tool...(Better will come..=)
Also added some alien grass that can grow on rocks without soil.. .=)
An Alien would now be the next addition.. maybe in the shape of a walking alientree...=)

Zaug..
I have used one stone material covering all of the surface, then a couple of other stone materials that are applied, which position and how they are blend is done with a simple scope material I did which uses the volume of a sphere mapping , several of these mappings are then spread out where I want....I like this control, (its also using a custom channel to get the scope info from the Scope material into the stone material..)
I might when I get some energy, share a simple test prj with the simple setup of the scope material in action..

All the stone materials are from the nice library Frank collected, from RS Texture collection.. and finally I come to use them a bit more..
Attachments
BunkerOnly_MyScopeHehe_n_Plants_02a.JPG
BunkerOnly_MyScopeHehe_n_Plants_02a.JPG (227.84 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby zaug » Friday 31. August 2007, 10:04

Thankz for the explain.

Looks like that skylight you installed has really cheered the place up ; )

Cheerz
zaug

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 31. August 2007, 15:38

Hi..

You are welcome..

Yep...I rule the universe (my universe any way..=).. and I ordered life to expand...
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Postby Quan » Friday 31. August 2007, 18:02

great shading, Stefan!

very nice atmoshpere.

maybe the grass in the background is a too bright. It detracts me from the foreground...

lg,
Jan
Quan

Postby Beg-inner » Friday 31. August 2007, 19:30

Hi Jan..

Thank you very much..!

Yep, you are right on this..
The thing is that those grass straws have wrongly been left in there, since those are hanging freely in the air and not on the ground.. and therefor getting too much sunlight even when they appear to be in a place that is in the shadow..=)..
They came there due to that I forgot to make some things in the scene hit invisible, when I pasted the nurbcurves on the ground with the paste tool..
I did not see this until now. when you pointed it out..

I have also not done any finetuning at all on this prj...
I am not good in completing any of my prjs, I am mostly a fiddler, that jump on new prjs every other second..=)
I get new ideas for prjs all the time.. and without a good focus, halfdone prjs will be my result.. =)

Thx for you input
I will do some other versions hopefully later on..
Take Care
Best Regards
Beg-inner

Return to Work in Progress