Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Freshwater Crayfish

Freshwater Crayfish

Freshwater Crayfish

Postby geo » Wednesday 25. May 2005, 15:23

Crayfish, crawfish, crawbob, crawdad, yabby .... it's got many names just in Australian English.

Anyway I'm modelling a crayfish. The inset shows the whole thing. The texture for the shell is just the "reptile" material from the Harry tutorial with a few changes. The thing is if you view the object closeup the colours are nice and bright, but when you zoom out, as in the inset on this image, the colours are all washed out. I do have a scope map on top of the material to make the yellow stains.

I noticed it may have something to do with the mapping - the position of the parallel mapping seems to change the colours, which of course in this Harry material depend on the bump... but why do they change with zoom. The specular component of the material is disabled (I think)

And ideas?

Geo
Attachments
crayfish.jpg
crayfish.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 2089 times
geo

Postby Milkdrop » Thursday 26. May 2005, 21:18

Key point here geo,

It doesn't matter what stage the model is at. Presentation is always a key part. I would render this one out on a plain floor with some gi, dont have a backdrop image.

Looking good so far. Your imrpvoing quite a bit. Keep it up.
Milkdrop

Postby geo » Friday 27. May 2005, 08:11

Thanks Milkdrop

Point taken. But I wanted to know if someone had a clue about my material problem. Will render better and see if if clears up!
geo

Postby onyx » Wednesday 8. June 2005, 09:27

Waiting for next rendering. :) Are you going to rig the creature?
www.bielenin.eu - online portfolio
onyx

Postby geo » Tuesday 14. June 2005, 19:37

OK you woke me up. I haven't rigged it but I made him a little cave to live in. The material problem was an antialiasing setting, which I don't pretend to understand. Found it by trial and error.
Attachments
crayfishcave.jpg
crayfishcave.jpg (76.82 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
geo

Postby geo » Tuesday 14. June 2005, 19:40

and a zoom in. Don't like the whiskers. Having trouble posing as I'm working without graphics acceleration and therefore doing it in wireframe.

Thanks for waiting :-)
Geo
Attachments
crayfishcloseup.jpg
crayfishcloseup.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 1900 times
geo

Return to Work in Progress