Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Lamborghini

Lamborghini

Lamborghini

Postby Blockbuster » Monday 10. October 2005, 22:16

Hey all together,
now I will start a new Project.
here my first WIP for the Lamborghini........
This is with default color, the material and lighting comes later !
Attachments
WIP_1.jpg
WIP_1.jpg (37.21 KiB) Viewed 3531 times
Blockbuster

RE: Lamborghini

Postby Nexyz » Tuesday 11. October 2005, 18:42

Sweeeet :)

If it is not too much trouble, I'm really interested in how you're using Nurbs in your objects..
you did that with the X-Wing before, and I have no idea how you go about it..
so if you've got extra time on your hands, post as many modelling screenshots as you can :)
Thanks, and nice looking model so far.

Daniel
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Postby Milkdrop » Tuesday 11. October 2005, 20:34

Very nice modelling so far. I'm also very impressed that this is all nurbs.

I used to model my cars out of sds patches. It seemed to work quite nicely.

I shall keep a close eye on this thread.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Wednesday 12. October 2005, 16:20

thanks for your interest to the model.
I model the car with SDS and in the attribute window - render option i use the Nurbs smooth. I think it is a new tool in RS3D !

@ Nexyz,
hi my friend, what you to mean with:
"...and I have no idea how you go about it.. "
mean you the procedure ?

Now i have the first problem:
how can I use the Duplicate and Mirror tool ?
If I use this, the dupl. is of the incorrect site and the mesh hang on the oriiginal mesh. I can´t see a option to don´t bind the mesh !!!
Attachments
WIP_2.jpg
WIP_2.jpg (91.01 KiB) Viewed 3448 times
Blockbuster

Postby Milkdrop » Wednesday 12. October 2005, 19:54

Technically this isn't a nurbs model. It is an sds model which is using nurbs as a smoother. Nurbs surfaces are made up of curves etc. Still looks nice though. The smoothen to nurbs feature has been around since V4 and maybe when the product was called real3d.

When I did a car, Realsoft 4.2 didn't have any decent mirror geometry tool. I used to do it myself. I would make a duplicate of the current side and merge the two together. I would then merge the vertices down the middle which formed the seam, with the join faces tool.

Your doing well though, keep it up.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Wednesday 12. October 2005, 22:11

thanks Milkdrop, I try the tool later.
My next way is to control the curves with specular highlight material.
enough today.... good night.
Attachments
WIP_3.jpg
WIP_3.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 3433 times
Blockbuster

Postby Nexyz » Thursday 13. October 2005, 01:15

Nic-aaaaah! :)

this is going to be sweeeet. Thank god it's "just" SDS... now I can imagine a little better how its done..
-Nurbs, I wouldn't get.
The mirror tool works only on certain models, because it doesn't have any way of knowing the objects orientation.
You know which edge is supposed to be the middle, but the tool doesn't. What I do, is I go into SDS-Face mode,
select all faces and duplicate them (by holding the STRG(CTRL) key and sliding them back and forth once -grid activated)
then I mirror the duplicated faces around the middle edge and use the connect faces with a very low distance setting to fuse
the corresponding faces.. their vertices are right on top of each other, so you can go very low on the threshold.

There may be better ways, but this works and it's quick.

Hopefully you'll get your model to the point where you're lighting it with HRDI, and I can finally watch somebody doing it.
Still no clue myself :)

Keep em coming.

Daniel
-New Homepage-
http://"www.richtermeister.com"
Nexyz

Postby Milkdrop » Thursday 13. October 2005, 17:38

Very nice progression. Some edges look a little to play doughie but it is still great stuff.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 16. October 2005, 11:22

here my status at the back.
how can I move a point with the numeric interface, so that is correct of the mirror axis ?
The numeric interface give the coordinates of the mouse position not the select point.
Is there a numeric interface modus with seperat x, y, z entry?
Attachments
WIP_4.jpg
WIP_4.jpg (46.67 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Blockbuster

Postby Milkdrop » Sunday 16. October 2005, 19:48

Great stuff.

Some semas on teh body work don't look as if they line up, but it is a hell of a job so far.
Milkdrop

Postby bt3d » Monday 17. October 2005, 07:33

how can I move a point with the numeric interface, so that is correct of the mirror axis ?
The numeric interface give the coordinates of the mouse position not the select point.
Is there a numeric interface modus with seperat x, y, z entry?

In the file/preferences window go to the metric tab and check the 'Three fields' checkbox. Now you should have three seperated fields for x y and z. To move some points of the sds object to special place select them and go to the 'property window' spec tab. Under selected points there should be three position fields where you can assign the values to the points as you want.
Best
Tim
bt3d

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 18. October 2005, 15:40

thanks Tim,
ok, the three fields very nice but when I select a point and go to the spec tab is the coordinates in the field correct, even I move a point.
When I edit the field with a new coordinate and press enter jump the field to the old settings. Can´t I move a point with the numeric edit ?

greats
Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby bt3d » Tuesday 18. October 2005, 18:35

Hm, that's strange. You should be able to type in values and after clicking in the next field the point should move accordingly. Just to get sure we are talking about the same thing here an image of the situation.
Best
Tim

bt3d

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 18. October 2005, 19:02

ahh, mmhh, i have found the trouble.
One of the objekt (that was i try) has a Choreography track, for some reason !
Now I delete the track and it works.
Best thanks for your work.

Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 23. October 2005, 14:53

here my next WIP.
I try the last time with the VSL mat, the environment-mat isn´t to my vision. The env-mat by a sphere is ok, but the site of the car is the textur blurred.
A few of details fails and comes later.
(hoped-for critic)
Attachments
WIP_9.jpg
WIP_9.jpg (81.62 KiB) Viewed 3122 times
Blockbuster

Next

Return to Work in Progress