Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Lamborghini

Lamborghini

Postby Robby » Sunday 23. October 2005, 17:47

Hey,

that looks really great!!
only a little thing that looks strange to me: The tire seems to touch the wing of the car.
But apart from that it is very good,
keep it up!

Bye, Robby
Robby

Postby Blockbuster » Sunday 23. October 2005, 19:04

Hi Robby,
thanks for your information. Mean you the tread of tire?
Ok I try it and make it in the next WIP.
Blockbuster

Postby Milkdrop » Tuesday 25. October 2005, 21:05

That is looking amazing. I'm still not convinced about the wnidow materials but I guess it is still being worked on. This is a really nice peice of modelling. The rims also look a little bit flat but on the whole excellent.
Milkdrop

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 26. October 2005, 12:44

Hi Blockbuster!

Awesome car :D

I would like to suggest that this project be turned into a tutorial.
I am offering my spare time to write it and I would really appreciate if you could help me getting this done. It should be a step by step tutorial on making a car in RS3D. If quality of the tutorial is OK, I think I can get it in the next manual. So, how about this? Is it a good suggestion? Any help on this appreciated :)

Robert
Spliney

Postby Blockbuster » Wednesday 26. October 2005, 18:55

Spliney wrote:I would like to suggest that this project be turned into a tutorial.

Hi Robert,
I think that is a :P fantastic idea :P to make a turorial and I am honoured that you will use my project.
And yes of course I will help you whenever I can to finishes the tutorial of time.

Milkdrop wrote:....The rims also look a little bit flat.....

Hi Milkdrop,
yes you are right, I have make a little mistake by import of the blueprint.
I have try to correct it and will show it in the next WIP.
Thanks for the suggestion.

greetings
Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby Blockbuster » Wednesday 26. October 2005, 20:57

So here the next WIP, I have correct the geometry (i think),
add the tread of tire.
Its rendering with Quality over speed, rendertime: 12.6 min.
Attachments
WIP_11.jpg
WIP_11.jpg (26.01 KiB) Viewed 2319 times
Blockbuster

Postby Spliney » Wednesday 26. October 2005, 22:04

Blockbuster wrote:
Spliney wrote:I would like to suggest that this project be turned into a tutorial.

Hi Robert,
I think that is a :P fantastic idea :P to make a turorial and I am honoured that you will use my project.
And yes of course I will help you whenever I can to finishes the tutorial of time.
greetings
Stefan

OK Stefan! We have a deal :) and now it's time to take our little conversation from this thread and work on the tutorial.
Please contact me. Then I have your email and we can make a start.
Great new WIP by the way! ;)
Spliney

Postby Milkdrop » Thursday 27. October 2005, 20:30

I say this on behalf of everyone,

FUCK

that is looking even better. This is by far the best car I have seen in realsoft. Congrats mate.

I would use displacement mapping for teh tire tread and redo the rims and it should be awesome.

The site which has tire treads is currently down so I will send you a link as soon as I can with suitable tire treads, which can be used for displacement. If your crazy enough, model the tire treads!

Since this is such a nice projec,t drop this into a photo. I might be able to take a couple of pictures inside tunnels for you etc and create a .hdri map to go with it.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Thursday 27. October 2005, 21:29

Milkdrop wrote:
The site which has tire treads is currently down so I will send you a link as soon as I can with suitable tire treads....

I might be able to take a couple of pictures inside tunnels for you etc and create a .hdri map to go with it.

hi Milkdrop,
very thanks, I search with google for a good tire treads texture, I haven´t found it. So I deeply grateful for your link.
I think it is a good idea to drop it in a picture and creat a hdri map, but than I need your help to this.
Blockbuster

Postby Milkdrop » Friday 28. October 2005, 17:03

Well the site is now back online. This is probqably where you got your blueprints frmo but not many people know they do tire blueprints as well.

http://blueprints.onnovanbraam.com/blueprints/cars/tyres/

The hdri won't be a problem I will try looking for some locations.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Friday 28. October 2005, 17:26

Hi Milkdrop,
very nice, i don´t know that give a blueprint from a tyre.
I will try it with a bump map, what shame that doesn't exist a colour map.
Blockbuster

Postby Milkdrop » Friday 28. October 2005, 20:36

I might make you a tire tread that you can use as a displacement map. I will just create a vector of one of the tire treads. This can then be applied around the tire and all should work.
Milkdrop

Postby Blockbuster » Friday 28. October 2005, 23:13

this fantastic Mikdrop, thanks in advance.
Blockbuster

Previous

Return to Work in Progress