Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Realflow Import and V6

Realflow Import and V6

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Realflow Import and V6

Postby guest » Sunday 23. December 2007, 05:24

Hi Gang :

To take the traffic off the RS email list . Anyway , we see that a bug has found it's way into the RS RF import .

Things I've noticed , but won't waste time on if this import plugin was working perfectly before ...

1) Import .bin particles . Lot's of error messages saying "Cannot create" but it did actually create _something_ ! Imported a 200 frame particle animation and it did actually bring in the series , set the animation properly as far as # of frames , but the size was tiny .

I increased size to 1,1,1,1 and it fit perfectly, but it was still squashed in the "Y" direction . Hit the play button and the particle animation actually played ! However , the 200 frames played , but did not match the 200 frames I had in RF4 .

2) Tried to import an RF .sd animation file , but no luck with any kind of a workaround .

3) Tried an RF .bin mesh import , but it would not import for me , but it did show the correct number of frames for the mesh series , but I could not get it to show or render , in any way . Same with a single mesh import .

I tried both import methods . The file\Import\realflow.xxx method , and also the "File Instance" method for the above 3 mentioned import types .

I'd be willing to test some more , but no sense to if this has already been thoroughly tested for all RF import types previously to the bug creeping in .

No idea about RF Camera import . With the Icarus Camera import I found that a scale-down of 0.10 seemed to work best for scale matching .

cheers

garry

RE: Realflow Import and V6

Postby guest » Monday 24. December 2007, 05:25

I guess this Topic is dead now . Arjo has assured us that there is no need to worry about the RealFlow import plugin , and that it will be fully functioning with the first V6 service pack (SP1) . That's good news for all of us with the free , fully functioning RF4 demo , and of course those that may be using other 3D S/W to render their RF4 animations .

cheers

garry

RE: Realflow Import and V6

Postby Frankolino » Friday 15. February 2008, 12:45

Hi Garry and garry again:-) What are your privately experience with "Realflow"? I haven't one until today... the demo will work with realsoft 3d v6? What about the prices and the import possibilities for realsoft? Do you know anything about it? Would be nice... My mistake was: I thought this tool was a carlo tool, damned... perhaps I wait for the dynatomics plugins, but I would like to build simulations things with "fluids" they scenes were render-friendy"... best regards, Frankonlino
Frankolino

Postby Quan » Friday 15. February 2008, 13:34

hi frankolino, realflow is a very powerful and easy to use fluid simulation tool. But it offers you far more features than "just" fluid simulation...: you also can simulate physics (like a brickwall hit by a ball or by a huge wave...). You also have the opportunity to simulate softbodies, so it is a mixture of wobble and cloth.
In my opinion realflow is a very useful tool but it is far too expensive (for me). The educational version costs about 150€ and the "normal" version costs about 2000€, I think.

Realflow was used in many well known Hollywood productions, such as the lord of the rings, ice age 2, x-men 3, (...)

you also need enough main storage... my PC had some problems with so many particles, but it worked.

you can import
lwo, asc, obj, xml, fbx, 3ds and sd
(objects)

you can also animate objects (with keyframes) .. one time I made a glass of water, for example, that toppled over and all the water splashed out the glass...

I hope that the import bug will be fixed soon - i had the same problem, garry ("cannot create object")
But I could render single frames...

//edit
please have a look at the offical site to have detailed information about prices... 2000€ is for 2CPU, I think

http://nextlimit.com/realflow ;)
Quan

Re: Realflow Import and V6

Postby guest » Sunday 24. August 2008, 09:09

guest wrote:Hi Gang :
To take the traffic off the RS email list . Anyway , we see that a bug has found it's way into the RS RF import .
garry

Well , the Realflow Import was botched in V6 , assured by Arjo that it worked perfectly , previously .

So , what's the story ? Does it indeed work with the V6 Service Pack1 release ? Has it been fixed ?

I'd test it , but I got so sick of testing RSV6 that I removed it from my computer & now it won't install again (oh well) .

Looking forward to some amazing RS-Realflow animations from Arjo or Quan etc

cheers - good luck! (and dream on ... )

Studio

Postby Quan » Sunday 24. August 2008, 13:30

I got so sick of testing RSV6 that I removed it from my computer & now it won't install again (oh well) .

I did the same... the import didn't work... (I wanted to import the "realflow mesh" ... and I didn't want to make it like vesa and replace the realflow particles with metaballs... that looks pretty strange)

instead I used the internal fluid simulation tool of blender, that works better than "Realflow - Realsoft" or "Dynadream - Realsoft" (that actually will never be released, i think... and when it would be released, nobody would use it...)

and I rendered with yaf-ray (freeware)
Quan

Postby guest » Monday 25. August 2008, 06:09

Quan wrote:I did the same... the import didn't work... (I wanted to import the "realflow mesh" ... and I didn't want to make it like vesa and replace the realflow particles with metaballs... that looks pretty strange)

Hi Quan :
Good to know , but I'm still not clear on your answer to my question . Did you install V6 Service Pack 1 , and then you found that Realflow mesh import was still broken ? I'd be every pissed off to hear that if it's true . Arjo shut-down my efforts to make sure it worked in SP1 . Are you now saying it's still , still broken ? That's crazy !!!
Quan wrote: instead I used the internal fluid simulation tool of blender, that works better than "Realflow - Realsoft" or "Dynadream - Realsoft" (that actually will never be released, i think... and when it would be released, nobody would use it...)

Yes , I suggested this workflow to Frankolino too . I'd played with Blender Fluids a couple of years ago and was shocked at how easy it was to set up , and how it actually worked !!! Imagine 3D Software that actually works ? Incredible !

What my mission was back then was to take the series of exported fluid meshes from Blender , into RS . Should be an easy thing to do , right ? Not . No batch importing in RS . Javascript it , right ? Wrong . Javascript is a huge work in progress in V6 . Maybe by V8 we'll have working , complete Java coding available . Better make that V9 ...
Quan wrote: and I rendered with yaf-ray (freeware)

Yes , I checked out the various freeware raytracing galleries lately and was blown away by how much these other Raytracers have progressed in recent years . It's been years since I've had any fun creating CGI , with Realsoft . Perhaps , with Blender and Yafray it's possible now to render high-quality and also create with Software that is mostly bug-free and constantly being upgraded at a consistent and substantial rate . http://www.yafray.org

Add to that the fact that the Blender Forum has actual life in it . The last real sharing on the RS User List was a Cinema4D animation . Other than that , it's dead ... much like this Forum .

cheers

Studio
-
-

Postby Quan » Wednesday 27. August 2008, 15:01

Hi studio,

Did you install V6 Service Pack 1 , and then you found that Realflow mesh import was still broken ?

yep... and it didn't work... but maybe I'm just too stupid :P

bb,
Jan
Quan

Postby guest » Thursday 28. August 2008, 23:27

Studio wrote:Did you install V6 Service Pack 1 , and then you found that Realflow mesh import was still broken ?

Quan wrote:yep... and it didn't work... but maybe I'm just too stupid :P

Hi Quan :

Wow , OK , thanks for your reply . I doubt that the problem is you . I would be every interested to hear the explanation behind why it's still broken in the Service Pack , when we were assured that it most definitely would be fixed . Please , someone , ask on the RS user list . ( I would ask but I have been kicked off )

cheers

Studio

Return to General Discussion