Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - VSL no-object material.

VSL no-object material.

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

VSL no-object material.

Postby Neico » Monday 4. February 2008, 22:52

Hi Folks,

I have six objects deep within twenty objects. I want to render these showing and also not showing. I have been ising the Fade material which has worked very well.

But in a new configuration the fade objects duplicate some parts of the visible objects and so I get the conflict of surfaces problem, regardless of a 100% fade.

Is there a VSL material that can be switched to take the duplicated objects right out of the render loop? Or maybe there is a better way around it?

I do not want to have to delete the objects in order to do the second render if I can help it.

TIA,

Neil Cooke
Neico

RE: VSL no-object material.

Postby Neico » Monday 4. February 2008, 22:56

... also I do not want to go into each of the twenty objects and find each of the six objects embedded and turn their visibility properties off. Really am after a VSL solution I think.
Neico

Postby Timo » Tuesday 5. February 2008, 09:33

Modify the clipmap material so it always clips (as in remove the if and whatnot), that should do the trick.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Neico » Tuesday 5. February 2008, 14:47

Cheers Timo, will give it a go. Many thanks.
Neico

Postby Neico » Tuesday 5. February 2008, 20:10

Works very well.

I already have a colour material assigned to the specific objects. In that material's property I added the clip map attribute from the drop down list.

Then I load either a completely white bmp image file or a completely black image file. The white file makes the object appear in renders and the black file makes it disappear.

Saving a lot of effort.

Thanks again Timo.
Attachments
VSL-NoObjectSwitch.jpg
VSL-NoObjectSwitch.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
Neico

Postby Neico » Wednesday 6. February 2008, 01:37

Oooops, the black and white might be round the other way for appearing and disappearing. Sorry.
Neico

Postby Neico » Wednesday 6. February 2008, 12:47

Update ... no bitmap is needed, just set the "distance" to a negative value (as it says in the manual) and the object is gone ... shift it back to plus and object images.

Sorry about that, on a good day I can almost tie up my shoe laces :oops:
Attachments
RayHit_Clipping.jpg
RayHit_Clipping.jpg (70.63 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Neico

Postby Timo » Wednesday 6. February 2008, 14:33

What hey, you just made a simple vsl material yourself. It's easy enough, but it seems most users are afraid of the advanced mode. Keep this up and soon you'll make all your own materials :)
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby Neico » Wednesday 6. February 2008, 18:37

VSL rocks !!!
Neico

Return to General Discussion