Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Hey!! Big Shout Out & Props to the Advanced Users &

Hey!! Big Shout Out & Props to the Advanced Users &

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Hey!! Big Shout Out & Props to the Advanced Users &

Postby guest » Wednesday 12. March 2008, 09:56

-
-
NOT !!! :shock:

Man , I just have to say I am completely and thoroughly disappointed with the general level of contribution in this community by certain individuals . Shame on you guys for your lack of effort .

Flame away , I could care less . When I consider how much effort the true contributors have been putting in , year after year , in an effort to give this S/W a fighting chance to show and prove itself .

Corporate sharks , with fully funded teams of coders and marketers must be quite a match for 2 guys from Finland , but incredibly enough they have been holding their own , seemingly .

Until you try their S/W and see that , all the basic coding is indeed , right friggin' there , but is basically buggy and so rough around the edges .

Do you guys have any idea how difficult and time consuming it is to code new tools , add them to the interface , with a completely new interface of their own , that is going to work hand-in-hand with every other area of the software ?

It's a monumental task . :!: Seriously ! Do you guys have any idea what a privilege it is to be able to work , first hand with world class 3D software , of the RS3D class ? I'm guessing not , from what I've seen .

Man , I'm lost for words .

Coders can only do so much . They turn their works over to us , to you , to work with , and if we find something wrong ... not a problem , just point it out and it will be fixed . The sooner it's pointed out , the sooner it will be fixed .

However , if some new user happens to stumble on it 10 months after all testing has stopped and moved on to the next version , it probably will not get fixed until the next release .

From what I can see , the 'inner circle' is unwilling to point out any flaws in new releases . Why ? This is an absurd tendency . Just point it out and say your peace . Why leave a bug for the next guy to get bitten by ?

Then again , perhaps there is another scenario brewing . Perhaps the inner circle is too busy to actually , delve fully into the new releases . Perhaps you guys are too busy with other things , other software ?

I don't really understand how such advance-ly coded tools can have so many tiny little , minuscule bugs scattered over the entire working interface . Every official release seems , more like an alpha release of the basic concept . It looks fantastic on paper , but in reality , once downloaded and installed , it's a collection of untried advanced toolsets that may do more harm than good to the stellar Realsoft reputation .

Anyway , forget about the reputations . Just focus on the effort . Like I said , to tweak is easy , once the actual concept and ground work has been secured , and brought to fruition . All it takes is devoted users who are willing to sit and work with each release as much as possible .

Unforgivable also are advanced users , not on the testing team who know full well about tool problems but just keep their mouth shut . Even worse are the latest crop of stooges who will admit that a tutorial is required , and that they might write one soon ... but never do ! :!: :!: :!:

Sorry , but you guys are the worst of all . You love to talk about how much you know about certain areas of RS3D , but never seem to ever get around to talking about just exactly what the resulting workarounds are .

Well , guess what ? If you would have opened your mouth in the first place we wouldn't have to concern ourselves with constant workarounds . Speak up !!! For crying out loud . speak up ! :!:

Working with SDS and UV texture mapping really opened my eyes . :shock: Like I said , all the basic tools are there , in spades . However , they are very complex and so , need in depth testing by advanced users . Looks to me like not a single tester or advanced user ever bothered to go into that part of the interface .

At first I was frustrated , then pissed right off , then finally just laughing at the absurdity I was surrounded with . There are so many broken bits and pieces in here that it would take dozens of mails to even begin to explain the nonsense .

I don't blame Realsoft.fi any longer , I blame you guys who love to beat your chests and pronounce your advanced understanding ... .... .... OF TOOLS THAT DON"T EVEN WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE !! :!: !! :!: !! :!:

It's beyond absurd , and in fact , mankind has not even invented a word for this ridiculous situation of exceptionally flaccid effort by trusted individuals .

Well , Moe , Curly , Larry , feel free to take a break from your video games (and LW rendering) , and flame away ! And thanks for helping to make RSV6 the best 3D Puzzle ever invented .

garry

Return to General Discussion