Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Re: forgotten some infos :-)

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 3. June 2008, 13:44

hello again, dear realsoft friends, have forgotten some inputs:

... rendering times: 3:56, image size 640x480, recursion depth 4, two different ice shader, glass-textures, mirror texture, having built this scene with only one ligth source! ;-) and some nurbs objects.

So long, have a nice time here, good realsoft renderings, see you, frankolino and I will make a time limited break :lol:
Attachments
bubble-arts2a.jpg
bubble-arts2a.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 5691 times
Frankolino

Re: Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Postby Blockbuster » Tuesday 3. June 2008, 19:15

looks very nice, and your works to progress is wonderful.

best regards
Stefan
Blockbuster

Re: ice/glass/water cup for realsoft:-)

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 7. June 2008, 12:59

good to see, the glass-ice structures becomes better, but I haven't yet found the real water material (beginning with it tomorrow) - I am looking for new ice shaders for an ice cream pot, that's my next aim!

- rendering properties: quality over speed, rucursion depth 10! ;-), threshold 8, antialiasing level 3... and more...

- my "5 cent" work in progress again:-) little more input, I am nearly satisfied with it, the rendering times increase to 7:35 minutes...

best regards, see you, thanks again to stefan, jan... servus and ciao, Frankolino

PS: the first picture includes a texture as water material input :-) the second one only a vsl material :wink: !
Attachments
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis2a.jpg
Renderingtime 9:37 increase with a new texture as the pot content:-)
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis2a.jpg (26.93 KiB) Viewed 5654 times
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis1a.jpg
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis1a.jpg (26.2 KiB) Viewed 5656 times
Frankolino

Re: the last one...

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 7. June 2008, 17:44

...last simple picture for today :-D

rendering time increase more than 17:45 minutes... :?

good evening... bye, Frankolino
Attachments
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis3a.jpg
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis3a.jpg (31.66 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
Frankolino

Re: refraction and blur question :-)

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 10. June 2008, 12:56

... question about optical thickness and refraction :-)

a) glass: 0.33
b) water: 0.25
c) Ice 0.236.

That's right?

Anybody can help?

How can I make a blur to the object or material with post processing ? Any example for it? Would be nice:-)

Ciao and Servus, Frankolino
Attachments
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis4a.jpg
franko-hut-glas-wasser-eis4a.jpg (29.99 KiB) Viewed 5626 times
Frankolino

Re: blur effect for materials possible?

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 10. June 2008, 18:14

O.K.... - I have found in the realsoft manual a little example for "blur" effect, I have understand it so far...

But this example with "blur_on" in the "post image effect tab" (select window) was made for an geometric object, isn't it?
It's possible to use the blur effect selective for one materials/vsl shaders?

- Kind regards, Frank
Attachments
blur_on_Franko.jpg
blur_on_Franko.jpg (48.08 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Frankolino

Re: How to avoid sky grey transmissions..?

Postby Frankolino » Sunday 15. June 2008, 18:26

.. little question:

how can I avoid grey transmission (crossing) of sky textures to the ground? ;-)

no idea...

best regards, Frankolino
Attachments
sky-try1a.jpg
sky-try1a.jpg (29.2 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Frankolino

Re: metaballs, ice + water picture :-)

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 24. June 2008, 09:40

... so here we are again, but I am closing now this chapter because of time black holes:-)))

the rendering times of this scene takes ca. 12:35 minutes, quality over speed rendering with recursion 6... imagesize 640x480, GI rendering on, only three textures (vsl, mixed and common materials) and of course only "one lightsource"...

I have included some metaballs, taken from a realsoft folder as example, very interesting stuff! :-) sky material and own ground creation.

best regards, happy renderings, ciao and servus, Frankolino
Attachments
metaballs+sky+water-try4c.jpg
metaballs+sky+water-try4c.jpg (31.69 KiB) Viewed 5540 times
Frankolino

Re: switch the light on:-)

Postby Frankolino » Wednesday 25. June 2008, 07:55

...sorry I have forgotten to switch the "light" on:-) therefore the last scene was too dark ;-)

Now the rendering times increase to over 30 minutes... the problem: metaballs spheres needs these power to render + gi rendering. A new vsl shader (right sphere) mixed with other ones...

bye, best wishes with realsoft, Frankolino, nice day and perhaps somebody can use some hints and advices here! :-)
Attachments
metaballs+sky+water-try5a.jpg
metaballs+sky+water-try5a.jpg (52.06 KiB) Viewed 5518 times
Frankolino

Postby ilay » Saturday 28. June 2008, 14:13

Frankolino, thanks
please animate your tests in small res,...
Gunnar thanks for sample!
ilay

Re: two new ice-glas shader pictures

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 5. July 2008, 09:37

dear ilay, dear rs friends, first of all: sorry for the late reply... girl friend, dog, sun shining weather... :P

I am just working with my old laptop and realsoft isn`t so fast as I wish with the amd processor;-) to make some animation files, but I will try it, I can assure it for you...

- by the way: You are a friend of gunnar??? - hmh, who you are, can you introduce yourself? It`s possible:-))) ????

I add a new little scene with glass and ice shaders, spectral glas, but I don`t like the light... sometimes dark scenes are better, but not here, I like it in my example more clearer... I have even increase the recursion depth to 5 or 6... ;-) the first picture was handled with only two shaders, the glass one above with three shaders and one lightsource...

otherwise: I love not so photorealistic pictures,

best wishes, servus, Frankolino

ps have a nice week-end !
Attachments
blue-tones3c.jpg
blue-tones3c.jpg (79.85 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
glassSPIELEREI.jpg
glassSPIELEREI.jpg (48.56 KiB) Viewed 5454 times
Frankolino

Re: last picture with ice/water shaders and goodbye:-)

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 2. August 2008, 09:00

Ciao dear realsoft friends:-)

the last picture I have made with realsoft (v5!) and ice/water materials... rendering GI times ca. 54 minutes, 1024x768 image format, one lightsource and eight different vsl shaders, the nurbs trees belong to realsoft v5 ;-)

have a nice time with realsoft I quit the forum for a certain time... holidays, job and my new career with the criminal novels I have written, bye, Frankolino
Attachments
AbendstimmungsArt5.jpg
AbendstimmungsArt5.jpg (120.48 KiB) Viewed 5423 times
Frankolino

Postby guest » Monday 4. August 2008, 22:19

Hi Franko :

Some nice renders here in this thread . Lot's of time and work went into them , I'm sure . Sorry to see you go . Your programming skills will be missed , as well as your very positive attitude . Thanks very much for your awesome 'Frankolino's Nurbs Helper Pro' Plugin . Had fun testing it with you , and fun working with it . Made some cool springs with it , as well . Much , much more potential in this script for working with nurbs of all kinds , in many different and unique ways .

Cheers & Best of Luck with your new(?) writing career ! Please stop in once and a while and let us know how you're doing . Feel free to mail me privately as well .

Studio (garry curtis)
spring3.jpg
Frankolino's Nurbs Helper Pro' Plugin at work
spring3.jpg (64.83 KiB) Viewed 5347 times

Previous

Return to General Discussion