Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 15. April 2008, 09:46

Dear RS friends, an open question:-)

"perhaps somebody has fun to build with me an "ice shader" with the vsl editor... I have started with a simple glas textur (from the rs manual, vsl chapter), I have attached the example as a rar file above...

would be very nice to work with other realsoft guys to learn with the vsl editor and get some interesting new vsl shader for ice, water and so on... :-D"

servus, best regards, Frankolino

I have in mind: Refraction, Relief (Bump Map), Refraction, Fresnel and more...
Attachments
glas-try3-franko-vsl.jpg
glas-try3-franko-vsl.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 4891 times
franko-glass-vsl-3.rar
(18.79 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Frankolino

RE: Ice/Watershader and work with me! :-)

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 19. April 2008, 12:24

hello, dear rs friends again, the next try in a quite good direction of an easy "ice-shader", perhaps there will be another kind of water shader too:-) AND: Who is interested in working with me to build an ice and water shader!? :-)))

don't hesitate and risc your life to build better things/tools for realsoft 3d software, must laugh:-) it's no joke, I invite realsoft user to work with me in a team... my opinion is to get more ideas and power in this way...

- I have mixed two shaders for this picture, one of the water/ice shader I have build two days ago, I will make it better, thats for sure, but I am glad to find a way to create such a complex ice/water shader:-)

- I have started with a glass texture... more will come later, have a good week-end, bye,
servus, Frankolino

PS: My private wish:

- If somebody has fun/lust to work with me and learn with "vsl" textures, contact me here, it would be nice:-D I have began this week to read the manual of rs! chapter materials, vsl, build a constant red vsl texture and glass... I like to work with other guys and woman

Ice shader are perhaps made of this:
- Color, Transparency, Refraction, Bump-mapping, noise, bubbles (good idea timo!), fresnel, fog... and things you like...

... the rendering times of the vsl scene objects increase, not so good;-(
Attachments
eis-projekt-franko2a.jpg
eis-projekt-franko2a.jpg (44.33 KiB) Viewed 4819 times
eis-water-projekt1a-franko.jpg
eis-water-projekt1a-franko.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
Frankolino

Re: questions and more vsl tries :-)

Postby Frankolino » Monday 21. April 2008, 20:58

Hello again:-) GOOD LOOKING FORUM and GREAT WORK TO MATTHIAS and BORIS! :-)))

next little picture of my little work in progress... glas and watertextures with vsl and perhaps some day "ice" too:-)
The rendering times crease to 4:02 min., four different vsl textures, but the aim should be to get it into one vsl texture, if possible...

question 1) the rendering times will reduce handling with only "one vsl" texture combining all properties?

question 2) the vsl wizard shows only "color", "transparency", "bump map" and so on... Why it isn't possible to get all properties in the "vsl wizard" of the objects? Perhaps a "tree structure" will make sense! ? ;-)

-> So you can find perhaps "optical thickness" and "refraction" and perhaps make new entries for the object properties ?

bye, frankolino, servus and sunny "springtime" has began here in germany :-D
Attachments
eis-water-projekt1b-franko.jpg
eis-water-projekt1b-franko.jpg (24.23 KiB) Viewed 4790 times
Frankolino

Re: Colour-Tries + Glass tries

Postby Frankolino » Wednesday 23. April 2008, 16:32

...work in progress(part 2)

A simple and lower highway ;-) to the right "glass" kind to the way of "water and ice", here some vsl colour tries ... It's a powerful thing to work with the vsl editor, but the possibilities to work with the output channels are quite borderless and not often simple to understand, my opinion... :roll:

I have build a glass texture with noise factor, a red glass texture with bump and a chrome texture with noise again, I like the chrome material very much:-) rendering times crease in a moderate way, I am satisfied:-) only the blue coloured sphere with a color function in the vsl I don't like, because the colours are too sharp and not flowing soft...

more will come... one day with the right "ice and water" vsl texture, I am sure... one step after another, it's better;-D

best wishes to all realsoft friends, Frankolino
Attachments
farben-try-vsl-franko2a.jpg
farben-try-vsl-franko2a.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 4742 times
Frankolino

Re: Looking for help for an "Ice Shader" by VSL:-)

Postby Frankolino » Thursday 15. May 2008, 17:32

theme: ... glass/glass textures... change the recursion depth to 5 or 6 to get a not dark shining glass texture... ! - Thanks for the tipp from neil and robert! :-)

but take attention! the rendering times increase in this way from 2 minutes to over 10 minutes!!!

finishing for today... the dog is waiting for "gassi gehen":-)))

o.k.: but no "ice shader" you will still find here ;-) I have made holidays... the ice/water shader project is a work in progress... more will come later, bye, Frankolino

PS: rs picture with brush and glass texture and two own created vsl shaders:-)
Attachments
rendering-settings1a.jpg
rendering-settings1a.jpg (44.21 KiB) Viewed 4669 times
glas-teile1abc.jpg
glas-teile1abc.jpg (37.82 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
Frankolino

Postby realer » Thursday 15. May 2008, 22:19

Hi,

here is my first and so far only attempt to ice shading.. its glass-like ice so no glacier like ice.. i hope someone finds it usefull. basically its just rough glass with different optical thickness and volumetric darkening.

cheers
gunnar
Attachments
ice.rar
(100.95 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
View2.JPG
View2.JPG (45.04 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
View1.JPG
View1.JPG (32.82 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
realer

Re: simple shader picture:-) with glass/ice

Postby Frankolino » Saturday 24. May 2008, 17:23

here it comes; "Secrets" (part one!) :-) only three shaders (one with changing a less with vsl) here are in work... but the result I love very much... only one light source in the scene ;-)

thank you gunnar for your ice shader you did it with mixing three or two materials and the glass texture... superb!:-)))

I would like to create a shader all inclusive for ice, but the time is missing at the moment, unfortunately...

hope you have found some guys they are helping you with your prof. job with the rooms! :-D

bye, have a nice week end... it will come more, but not yet the next days, I have trouble with my old pc machine... aargh...

best wishes and regards, Frankolino
Attachments
secrets2a-franko.jpg
three textures, but only one with a own build vsl texture, some changes, but I am not satisfied yet... comes more
secrets2a-franko.jpg (61.39 KiB) Viewed 4569 times
Frankolino

Postby Blockbuster » Saturday 24. May 2008, 22:45

Hi Frankolino,

this kooks very good, very nice lighting, very nice textures and shaders, wonderful Image.

regards
Stefan
Blockbuster

Re: "Secrets": coloured ice/glass objects

Postby Frankolino » Monday 26. May 2008, 18:23

Thank you, Stefan:-) I like this simple pictures as exercises more than too overtuned scenes with thousand objects...

QT: How do you like this one? "Secrets", part two:-)

I have done some more coloured glass/ice objects in the scene...

best regards, Frankolino

PS: Such a picture has done anything with "photorealistic scene objects" for a competition test? I don't think so, isn't it? ;-)
Attachments
secrets-3c.jpg
secrets-3c.jpg (63.33 KiB) Viewed 4520 times
Frankolino

Postby Blockbuster » Monday 26. May 2008, 18:53

Hi Frankolino,

the picture and the Materials is very nice much better as before!
One Tip: use the factor 0,75 (Height/Width)in the Resolution Settings, so the sphere looks round!

regards
Stefan
Blockbuster

Postby Frankolino » Monday 26. May 2008, 19:06

dear stefan, good idea, haha, o.k., but where can I find this one (resolution settings) in version 5.1???

"One Tip: use the factor 0,75 (Height/Width)in the Resolution Settings"...

bye, frankolino
Frankolino

Postby Quan » Monday 26. May 2008, 20:29

Hi frankolino,

make sure that you use the same aspect ratio (it would be 0,75 at 640x480 pixels, as blockbuster already said) for your camera AND in the rendersettings.

For the camera objects, you can change the aspect ratio in the "properties".
(got to the "Spec" Tab and change "Aspect ratio" to 0,75)

In the rendering window (File -> render) there is a field for the aspect ratio, too. It is named "Hight/Width". When you use a resolution of 640x480 there should stand 0,75

Jan
Quan

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 27. May 2008, 15:48

:-) Thank you, jan, I have forgotten to change the camera aspect ratio, but it was nearly to 0.75.
my rendering settings with the aspect ratio were surely fixed to 0.75 by a picture resolution of 640x480...
the rendered picture hasn't changed for me, but I will follow this tipp:-)

nice help, good to see somebody can help step by step... happy renderings for you, sunny day, bye, frankolino
Attachments
secrets-3cc-kleiner.jpg
secrets-3cc-kleiner.jpg (34.63 KiB) Viewed 4484 times
Frankolino

Postby Frankolino » Tuesday 27. May 2008, 16:01

...forgotten...

good hint!:-) activate the camera object in "select window", select "properties", change the entry of camera under "image aspect" with the slider to "0.75"... the window will change the predefined entry to: "PAL/NTSC 3:4", so I wished;-) - good evening...

best regards
Attachments
camera-aspect-ratio.jpg
camera-aspect-ratio.jpg (47.26 KiB) Viewed 4472 times
Frankolino

Re: little scene with glas/ice shaders

Postby Frankolino » Monday 2. June 2008, 18:28

dear rs friends...for a certain time the last one :-) with glas/ice texture, I will now build a complete bigger scene, it's time! :-D

qt: the forum seems to be dead? :roll:

have a good rendering with realsoft 3d...

best regards, frankolino without sunglasses upon my nose 8)
Attachments
bubbles-art1.jpg
bubbles-art1.jpg (40.79 KiB) Viewed 4422 times
Frankolino

Next

Return to General Discussion