Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Version 6 thread

Version 6 thread

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Postby Guest » Friday 2. June 2006, 09:53

Generally speaking, a constructor version of each 'global' modify tool would be useful. Partial modifications, which require sub handle selections seem problematic. A selection can be defined using some internal indices, 2D view or 3D space location. 3D location seems most sensible, but obviously often fails when the original geometry is replaced or changed remarkably.

Best regards,

Vesa

Postby Timo » Friday 2. June 2006, 10:35

I agree. I just think that macros already offer a possibility to stack actions, so it'd be 'easy' to extend them to a constructor. You could just leave the global/local problem to the user, just like macros work now. Naturally modifier tool constructors could/can be stacked as well, but I rather like the openness of macros.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby juhamaza » Wednesday 7. June 2006, 11:48

Timo wrote:A camera shader would be nice for stuff like camera plane deformations and such... see Advanced Camera Tools in LW9 features
***edit***
One nice thing for the Image Processing shader would be Image:Aspect Ratio.

And that "CCTV Shader" would be nice to get for v.6 or later (here is video sample from cctv shader ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/CCTV.mov )
And ohter lw9 feature video samples are here: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php
Also http://www.finalrender.com/products/feature.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=36&FID=350 this finalrender's Dispersion tool would be nice and i would like to see also: better, faster and smoother "blur reflections". And faster "motion blur" effects ofcourse http://www.finalrender.com/products/feature.php?UD=10-7888-35-788&PID=36&FID=301.

And some Simulated materials example: Some water material wich would make riplle if something impacts to it.
And reflected glow effect.
juhamaza

Postby Timo » Thursday 22. June 2006, 19:09

Absorbing glass that affects surface filtering/caustics (correctly) would be nice.
And maybe a 'hq' option for DOF/blur that uses something better than box blur.
Timo

Postby Timo » Friday 23. June 2006, 02:11

RS actually has something like LW9's Custom lenses: Post Images. See realsoft3d/reference/realsoft3d/models/geometrics/particles.html#PostImage
I just can't think of a way to get the RayTracer object to play nice with it. I'm not sure if it's even possible ATM: apparently only the Post Particles shader is evaluated and it's a post shader...
Timo

Postby Karl » Friday 23. June 2006, 06:10

Minor pincussion and barrel effects can be easily done in post, don't think I would have gone for the RS3D system here. Due to "minor", quality is hardly affected at a decent resolution.

Extreme fish-eye lenses is another matter, and I don't think RS3D is up to the task distorting camera examining rays. Haven't really tried.
Karl

Postby Timo » Sunday 25. June 2006, 21:26

A volume selector would be nice (as in select all object a's points inside the volume of object b). I've noticed that the SDK already has something like that, but there's no actual tool for it (that I know of).
Timo

Postby Timo » Friday 7. July 2006, 12:37

And while we're at it, how about a 'volume' mode for creator and particles' constructor?
Timo

Postby [bot.]sage » Sunday 9. July 2006, 14:37

The possibility to switch objects with one mouse click to a bounding box representation for the sake of speed when animating them and a faster better animation preview. Why? So I don't have to click through the whole object hirarchy to switch things into a lower representation for a fast animation preview in the view window. Another thing that would be nice is the changing of the geometric representation quality (mean the realtime preview in OpenGL or DirectX) of objects through the whole hirarchy of an object tree. That means when I change this in the preferences of a start level of an object that it changes this for every object in the level, through the whole hirarchy.
Some sort of none visual shading language would also be nice, I know that shaders can be scripted with JavaScript, but I prefer a more low level language for this. Will it be possible to build in something like compiled shaders, written in a none visual shading language and the compiled with a special shading language compiler, for sake of speed?
What also would be nice an ASCII based scene description language and the raytracer as a standalone console application that understands this ASCII based scene description language, together with the binary R3IFF format. I mean the best of both worlds.
Regards Marc
Last edited by [bot.]sage on Sunday 9. July 2006, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.
[bot.]sage

Postby Timo » Sunday 9. July 2006, 14:50

See RealMan for your non-visual needs. RealMan also has a nice toolset for shader GUI building.
Timo

Postby [bot.]sage » Sunday 9. July 2006, 14:59

Didn't know that a Linux version of it exists.
[bot.]sage

Postby Guest » Monday 10. July 2006, 18:12

Yes, there is now a Linux version:
http://realman3d.co.uk/

Postby juhamaza » Monday 24. July 2006, 21:48

I would like to see some good simulation tools in future. (but there's no hurry).
Like simulate object to broke
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/i ... /ID/263172

Water/Rain/Snow simulation (with, particles, metaballs etc...)
http://www.nextlimit.com/realflow/

Simulated materials (exmaple. surface which create wave when something {example: particle} impacts to it or go through of it.

Fire & smoke simulation http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... /ID/197839

Muscel simulation
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/I ... 839/blFP/1

Coming soon i hope:
Cloth simulation (dynatomic)
Hair simulation (dynatomic)
Softbody (dynatomic)

And then i would like to see possibility to import audio files (example.wav-files) into realsoft.
juhamaza

Postby [bot.]sage » Monday 31. July 2006, 06:54

I would like to see shadow mapping for distantlights.
[bot.]sage

Postby [bot.]sage » Thursday 3. August 2006, 06:35

I would like to see new functions for uncomplicated rendering to layers, with no need to change shaders or pass shader channels into custom channels. A "I have only to click something function" that switches rendering to a quality, highlight or reflection pass. That would be great. :D
Regards
Marc
[bot.]sage

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion