Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:112)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Simulation problem - Ball digs into ground

Simulation problem - Ball digs into ground

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Simulation problem - Ball digs into ground

Postby Yogi » Sunday 6. August 2006, 22:08

Hello,

today I came to a very strange problem and reduced it to the follwing:

I created a cube as a ground and a sphere as a ball. The ball is placed in a distance over the ground. Then I created a gravity field.

I want that the ball fall to the ground, jumps some times up and finaly doesn't move any more, still laying on the ground. But in my experiements, after some jumps of the ball, the ball digs into the ground. Inside the ground it begins wildly to rotate and after some time, it leaves the ground downwards and fall out of the scene. Why? Is there some trick I have to use?

Why I have to set a big mass to the ground? In the handbook they write simply something about "strange effects", but don't go deeper. I've tested with analytics and NURBS, no real difference. Have I overseen something?

Best regards,
Yogi
Yogi

Return to General Discussion