Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w0097c3c/rs-forum/phpBB3/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Realsoft Forum • View topic - Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Realsoft 3D Discussion forum moderated by Vesa Meskanen, Realsoft OY

Moderator: vesamesk

Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Postby guest » Sunday 4. February 2007, 00:28

Hi :

Here's a strange one . It's an Icarus Camera Object that I've added a Backdrop to . I know the backdrop is a little buggy at times , but this time it completely baffles me .

It looks fine in OpenGL mode at some angles , but render it and the backdrop image always fills the viewport , no matter what camera angle you take . Never seen that one before ... maybe it's just my setup . V5.1SP3b .

http://www.studiodynamics.net/list/weird_backdrop.zip 80KB

thanks

RE: Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Postby guest » Sunday 4. February 2007, 01:03

Hi :

Actually , while you're here , have a look at this one too . http://www.studiodynamics.net/list/startup_macro.zip 15KB . In this project , I've added 2 buttons to the bottom of the default 'View Control Window' (runs along the right-hand side) via a RS3D Macro I recorded , and then just drag&dropped this Macro using the Available Objects Window in the 'Customisation Tab' at top .

These buttons toggle on and off the 'Backdrop Image' (on the 'Draw Tab') in the View Properties Window . When camera-matching , this macro is a great time saver , and I was going to write a short tutorial on how to quickly add a macro-button .

However , these buttons do not work properly for me , when this project is first loaded , unless I right-click on one of these 2 buttons and select "Show Text" ... (either show text or un-show text ) , and then they work perfectly for the rest of the time .

It's almost like they need to be waken up , or something . V5.1Sp3b .

<b>EDIT:</b> I forgot to mention , that when I load another project into this project , the buttons get erased , even though I have unselected "Replace" on the load requester . It seems to automatically replace the buttons , but leaves the macro's there (BG-OFF & BG-ON) . However , If I do a 'Load Selected Sections Only' and then load all sections except the 'Windows' section the Buttons remain . I take it RS3D does not load a new default 'View Control Window' that way . I thought unslecting 'Replace' meant that RS3D would _not_ replace my current interface ?

I tried editing the GUI and saving the customised View Control Window to a file , and then load it back in , but the "Replace" requester seems to be a "Save" requester and just overwrites the file I'm trying to load , instead of loading it .

thanks

Postby Timo » Saturday 10. February 2007, 04:39

The backdrop rendering is indeed a bit strange... try creating two cameras with backdrops, the first one's backdrop is always rendered, no matter which camera is current. Even drag&dropping the other camera to the view port makes no difference.
When it is darkest, men see the stars.
Timo

Postby guest » Monday 12. February 2007, 05:00

Right . Might be a corrupted project . I decided to rebuild my startup project from the virgin install startup.r3d and it made my macro problem better , in the sense that now my new startup project has working macro buttons ... until I do work , save as a new project , and re-import . Then the macro's do not work until I do the quick fix again .

Also , my new startup project behaves totally different now with backdrop images . Before , my backdrop image was a rectangle off in the distance and if I zoomed or dolly'd back , you could see that rectangle and image in OpenGL and raytracing . Now , no matter where I dolly - or pan etc , the current camera's backdrop is showing as a distant rectangle , but in the raytrace render it fills the whole screen .

Never did that before , but maybe that's how it was supposed to work all along . Here's the new file with a new startup project and 3 cameras . Make any one 'Current' and render . Is it supposed to render like this ? 30KB .zip file . www.studiodynamics.net/list/bad_backdrop-full.zip

Postby guest » Wednesday 14. February 2007, 07:42

Well , it appears it's just me . Maybe it's because I have RS3D on my G: drive instead of C: ? Anyway , here's another one ...

When I double click on a .r3d project it will open and inform me that it "Can Not Open" any of the image files in that project . Any attempts to direct RS3D to those image files again , are futile . However , if I start RS3D and then load that project (instead of double clicking on it) it will load all images without problem , of course .

Bug ? (or just me ? )

Thanks

Postby guest » Saturday 17. February 2007, 06:51

Hmm :

Here's an odd one that took me a while to sort out . If I select a range to play ('Play Range' in the Animation Control Window) and then render the animation out as an uncompressed .avi , RS3D will produce an animation that has the full length , not just a partial range , but the first frame of that animation will be "held" for whatever number of frames were actually supposed to be skipped .

For example , a 500 frame animation that has a play range of 250-500 (250 frames) will still produce a 500 hundred frame animation but the first 250 frames will be frame #250 repeated 250 times . If I select a .bmp output then only 250 frames will be produced . This could be a problem with my system , or not .

Here's the project file that is already setup to go . www.studiodynamics.net/list/render_range2.zip 10KB

Re: RE: Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Postby guest » Saturday 24. February 2007, 10:00

guest wrote:Hi :

Actually , while you're here , have a look at this one too . http://www.studiodynamics.net/list/startup_macro.zip 15KB . In this project , I've added 2 buttons to the bottom of the default 'View Control Window' (EDIT LONG POST)

I tried editing the GUI and saving the customised View Control Window to a file , and then load it back in , but the "Replace" requester seems to be a "Save" requester and just overwrites the file I'm trying to load , instead of loading it .

thanks

Rebuilt my startup_proj.r3d from scratch and these macro problems went away , so obviously it was just me . Everything Macro seems to be fine now . I can also load projects and still keep my new Macro buttons , whiich saves me unreal amounts of time .

However , the part about not being able to save and replace GUI Objects when using the 'Customisation/Edit GUI' is confusing . It works OK , but Windows XP-Pro SP1 gives me a warning when I use the 'Replace' command . I would think this is a legitimate bug , since the 'Replace Requester' is actually a 'Save As' requester .

Still having the same problems with double clicking on a project file to open it .

RE: Re: RE: Is This One A Bug ... Or Is It Just Me ?

Postby guest » Wednesday 14. March 2007, 04:35

Well :

As it turns out , many of these problems are a result of RS crashing and then leaving that particular project slightly disabled when it was relaunched . This includes my particular startup project . I solved several problems only to have them crop up again out of nowhere , or so I thought . After many encounters of macro and backdrop problems coming and going it turns out it is not RS , not me , but just a S/W crash that results in leaving a slightly corrupted project .

The bug with the double clicking on a project as a way of loading it , still persists for me , maybe not for others (who knows?) .

good luck

Return to General Discussion